Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31st 10:16pm; 1:16pm

Happyness go! Playing an assload of Shin Megami Tensei games and brushing up on my Japanese. Borrowing the Shogun DVDs from Uncle Kristian and got 1/2 through disc 3 before I forgot them at Casey's. No worries, going there next weekend.

So I went to the library and got the Shogun book and am reading that. Also am now driving my Dad's car and being a lot safer. Seriously, I standby my statement, "Only retards need insurance." Because in all honesty, only retards do stupid shit and get into trouble. So my punishment is waking up at 7am every day and driving a car with no stereo.

It's like space...the emptyness that flows through. I have no fan in my room so its quiet as sin, so I'm getting a double dosage of no noise. Good news is that I'm practicing my singing and think I'm getting better (though Casey doesn't like it...but he listens to Nickleback).

Found a scanner to use for Japan club. Hopefully we can get this stuff into action and start get these lazy good for nothings to start taking initiative in learning another language. Though to be fair, everyone seems interested, just lazy...which who can blame them? They are like me...lazy as freaking hell.

In other news, Spring Break was not relaxing...like...almost at all. I sacraficed my time for working and chores. Sure I got some time but not enough to feel like a break...more like...a break from school. Same work load, different setting.

Also IM'ed Brandon and sometimes I have bursts of creativity. I find it best to use it quick before it fades. So here it is.

"its easy to pretend..to thin you can make the right decision when the time comes...so easy to think you'll be logical in chaos...

you laugh at others mistakes...horror movies...books...pretty much everything...but unless you've ever been there, how can you know?

Oh I do know, after Lilianne got thrown against the wall, I was quite irrational, even holding a gun against Casey.

Every person on Earth both past and present have thought themselves able to withstand at least one of event

how many do you think manage?

how many just freeze up? How many act irrationally? how many succeed at acting right but still fail...shooting a person is far different than shooting a dummy...and fighting a rapist is far harder than an instructor..."

I guess this is mostly based on when I had to call 911 on a friend. He fell off the counter (18 years old then) backwards and landed hard. I laughed to ease the tension I knew would come. He moaned and I looked down. His eyes were rolled back into his head, pure white, and the moan was an inhaled moan.

I must have yelled something along the lines of "Holy Shit!" because his parents sprung into action. In my head, I thought "Its a seizure! I gotta make sure he's breathing, has a heartbeat, hasn't swallowed or bitten his tongue." But then his mother ran in and held him.

I stepped passed them and found his father standing naked yelling, "What? What? What?". I pushed past him and grabbed the phone and dialed 911.

I rushed back to where my friend fell and turned off the phone when I saw he regained conciousness. It wasn't a seizure, it was a blackout. 911 called back and I said it was fine and they tried to connect me to emergency services and I explained what happened and it was left at that.

This was the only time I've ever been in a life or death situation (at least it could have been) and I think I acted just how I wanted to. I ran these things through my head over and over and mentally prepared myself...and I think I did good.

I cried a lot that night. All I thought about was losing a friend and how to save him and when he was safe, the emotions flooded over me. I hugged him and said how horrible it would have been to have your best friend die in front of you and his family.

Heh...seems like I end in downers a lot. But its not ment to sound sad or sappy (unlike that last post), its ment to show many things. That life is very important, emergencies can come from the stupidest of things, and none of this really has to do with Japan.

Sorry its so long. Adding a new "song feature" thingy. In psychology, a correlation between smiling and actual mood was found, so smile more. The more you go out into the world with a smile and a happier attitude, the better eveything will be. Thats why I always laugh at horrible things. So cheer up! Things could be worse, and if they are, they can only get better!

Inner Glow by Blue October
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSKMRjjYRU
arg could only find a shitty live version, sorry :P

No comments:

Post a Comment