Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th 10:49pm; 1:49pm

Stuff has shifted back to normal.

Went to Uncle John's and he passed down to me everything I could have hoped for.

Let me first say that I feel like I was born 20 years too late (aka 1970 would have been cool) or 20 years too early (2010). Because I love old things to freakin' death. I love old books, old video games, old electronics, everything. Well except music. Well okay, I like 80's.

Uncle John has passed down unto me his old Dungeons and Dragons stuff. Now stop! Don't think of this as geeky stuff, think of this as a history of where video games came from. Well that and I love World of Darkness (I might even live in it). So I now have all his 2nd Edition stuff and a few 1st Edition things too.

He told me how his mom burned all his 1st Ed. stuff before he moved out which bummed me out a little. Every time a book is burned, a piece of history is destroyed. So yeah, I also got 300+ magazines. Now I'm not a fan of magazines but that won't stop me from perusing (a real word too) them.

In the end, after this trip, I will sell most of the Star Trek stuff (not a fan) and magazines.

If YOU (all 0 of you) are interested, drop me an email or something.

I look at some of these magazines (almost all are Heavy Metal and Dragon) and look at the art and just freak out. I mean holy shit these guys could draw! They all look so real its scary. Maybe some are clay or something.

Anyway You Choose to Give It by the Black Ghosts

I only know that your the one that always makes me feel it
It's nothing that you do or say it's just the way you are
If I could bottle what you got then life would be too perfect
I'll take it as it comes, any way you choose to give it

^-me on old stuff

Oh yeah! 20 years too early because the future is awesome. I guess being born in 1990 is perfect because I get the best of both worlds.

Thanks Uncle John.

No comments:

Post a Comment