Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16th

So the last few days I did nothing but ride a bike to a grocery store and talk in fractured english to Akiyo.

Yesterday I played Killing Floor and enjoyed it. Its Left 4 Dead but cheaper and with leveling. Also I went to a military base and saw that military dudes get discounts and leeway at airports and buying stuff at stores.

Today I met Akiyo in Shinjuku. But before that I went too far on the wrong train and had to train hop around until I got there. We were supposed to meet at 11:00 but I didn't get there until 11:40. I called her on a payphone with 10yen and said, "I got on the wrong train but now I am in Shinjuku." She said "Shinjuku?" and then the payphone hung up. "Oh snap." Then I wandered around (and luck blessed me) and found our meeting place. I walked up and down and all around for a 1/2 before spotting her. Then I asked where a toy store was for Andrew and she didn't know so we walked around for 2 hours.

There was this narrow alley place that looked like it was a toy store but really it was a bunch of nude bars.

Then I walked into an extremely narrow store only to find out its a clothes store with half of it being lawn-ger-ay (its a french word and I have no spell check). The other half was hats and ties. I walked to the stairs and she read a sign. She said something in Japanese before turning me around and walking me out. Now that I think about it, I only saw old, sweaty men walk up and down those stairs.

Wandering around more...

Ate at a ramen shop and it was cool. I wanted to take pictures but I don't know if thats accepted. It was a really small shop too and everyone wore bandannas (the workers). One guy had Wakka's haircut (from Final Fantasy X). Ramen was good but a little to salty.

Walked some more and found no toy stores at all. I said thanks and after some more awkward "She doesn't know what I'm saying" she led me back to the train station and asked if I was good to go on my own. I said, "Yes." and "Thank you." And off I went!

Awesomely enough I got home on all the right trains. Then I couldn't find a payphone to call Yukiko so I just walked home. The front door was locked so I walked around and tested all the rest of em before finding an ulocked sliding door. I let myself in and here I am typing. But I'm going to save this as a draft and post it after tonight.

...later!

Turns out nothing happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment