Friday, May 1, 2009

May 2nd 6:08pm; 9:08am

So it all went alright. I beat the timechange monster in one day and met some very nice people on the trip here. First I met a BSU basketball player visiting her mother in Orange County. After the first flight to SFO (San Francisco Airport) I tried to look up my flight and met a Navy Officer who was also flying to Narita. He and I found out flights (turned out to be seperate) and kept each other company during the 5 hour layover. We talked about a lot of stuff and it turns out he was from McCall and was visiting his dying mother and now returning to Japan for his wife. During the huge 12 hour flight, I met a nice man and we talked about stuff but nothing really big or long. Eventually I slept for 1 or 2 hours and then watched 2 and 1/2 movies.

I caught the ending of "When the Earth Stood Still", some rugby movie, and "Marley and Me". I almost cried during most of these movies because they all focused on love and friendship, which everyone at home (and Cory and Yukiko) had given me more than I could ever use.

But before we left the plane, a quarintine thing happened where they heat scanned us for Swine Flu and we had to fill out 3 papers. They asked us to not film or take pictures after the quarintine people left. One guy was filming it all along :P.

Then I arrived and had to weave my way through customs and such. I finally made it out to find Cory right there waiting for me. We changed some dollars to yen and then left for the long car ride back.

During my flight I saw Japan as a patchwork of prepared land for development but down on the ground everything looked insane. The roads weave and dodge around, its no wonder all cars (or at least Cory's) had a GPS. All the buildings and architecture reminded me of junkyard towns. Where stuff is build all weirdly and the buildings look old. In a tunnel they had different bathroom tile sets running along the wall. But I was awesome. I found myself thinking "They just built and then said 'Oh snap! We gotta build roads too'". The house is very nice and I used the toilet with a seatwarmer and anus squirter. I then took a Japanese shower thingy.

You sit on a stool with a shower and a facet and just wash, then you uncover a deep tub and take a mini hottub. Screw spending thousands on a hottub, you can soak anytime in the house. No chemicles, no wasted water.

The Japanese are also big on energy saving, so even though Yukiko has a drier, she dries them outside. Oh! And all the cars are super skinny but so are the roads. Like those square scion cars are very skinny. Today I'm going to Shibuya with Cory (I think). Eventually I can just ride a train to Shibuya on my own but its waaaaaay too soon for that stuff.

I called my family told them I didn't die in a firey explosion. So alls good there.

I love you guys, now I'm going to eat breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment