Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19th

Yesterday I was sick so I just watched TV. Today I feel better but am still sick. The light in the bathroom was burnt out and then the switch didn't work so I peed in the dark for 3 days before I accidentily pushed the light switch under the normal one...and the light turned on.

Today I was woken up by Marc and Marika at 6am. I yelled for them to stop but they didn't so I got out of bed, with one eye sort of open, and smacked the first kid I saw and almost threw them down the stairs. They laughed and went downstairs. Jonah knows the wraith of waking me up...Jonah knows...

So next time I'm just going to grab their ears and twist really hard.

So I then officially woke up at 8:15 and got dressed. I got into a strange car with Yukiko and had some stranger woman drive me to a vague location known as "school". There I spoke with Takeda-Sensei and scheduled me to watch him teach English to Japanese students (didn't I mention I wanted to teach English in Japan?) on May 29th. I then fell asleep in the car, got home, got in bed, and slept for another hour. I woke up to Yukiko telling me its time to go to another "school". There I listened to Yukiko and Rei's mother (as I now know. Rei is one of Marc's friends) talk to the principal before introducing me to a French English teacher. That is, he's French and teaches English to Japanese students. Yukiko said his Japanese is very impressive and says he will have no trouble understanding Japanese conversations. The principal only spoke Japanese and the teacher and speak it well enough to get hired so he must be good. I scheduled to go there tomorrow and sit in on 3 classes from 9:40-12 something.

So at schools, visitors take off their shoes and don little slippers that don't fit Americans. I shuffle-walked everywhere and it was really awkward. On top of that, Yukiko and Rei's mom kept bowing and saying "Hai, Hai. Arigatou Gozaimasu." So I would awkwardly bow and mumble "Arigatou Gozaimasu." It was strange.

So I'm done typing today, just didn't want to leave anyone hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment