Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 29th+30th

May 29th

I went to Shonan highschool. I payed 600 yen for an umbrella and forgot the train directions there. Luckily I remembered it was the stop before Fujisaw. So no trouble getting there. Once there I immediatly spent 100 yen on a 30 second conversation with Yukiko and didn't get any change back for excess time. I then visited with Takeda-Sensei about stuff and watched his classes. They were much more behaved than the middle school. I also met the English-understanding but Japanese-speaking vice principal. I thanked him several times.

At lunch, I only had 177yen and no place at all took my debit card (I later learned that the Japanese don't have debit cards, only credit cards [even though charging debit is the same as charging credit] and they frown on debt. This is why only a few places accept plastic. Its also why Japan is far more debt free than America). Luckily another English teacher who spoke very well lended me 50 yen for a drink. I thanked him and we talked a lot. He was very funny and I enjoyed my time with him.

After lunch several students fell asleep, I didn't blame them, I was right there to passing out. I learned an important trick that day, "If you're going to teach something boring, make it interactive." After a few more classes, I said thanks, revisited everyone and left.

May 30th

I'm having a sneaking suspition that our point system is a bust. We might have to handle this old school, with beatings and timeouts. I'm all for that, these kids needs to learn to quit crying and whining. The only reason I haven't resorted to this is because Obaba-san (grandma) is spending the night. But next time, them kids be getting beat. Jonah knows...Jonah knows.

Today I also spent most of my time online, drinkin' milk tea and getting a killer headache. I've decided to host my stories and books and junk on thefeckless.com, a useless website Matt (GK8000) is hosting. We first made the website to be an epic awesome website but after a reformat (deleting everything off a computer), work was lost and I lost interest.

But soon I'll put my books and stuff on it. Soon meaning as soon as Matt figures out why I can't connect... I also should start writing more of Wolf's Cry. But I'm a little stuck...well not really. I got 3 versions so far.

ORIGINAL = I typed it and that was it, no re-reading or editing at all since the day it was written.

REVISED = I read through it and edited some stuff.

EXPANDED = It's an expiriment where I expand the story more before SPOILER nick dies SPOILER. This might alter the entire story and become a counter-factual (an alternate reality). So...thats why I'm having be its own section.

The website was originally started Febuary 1st, 2006. I don't know when the story was started (it can be assumed January). I lost the original file and now I don't know what the original date was. That makes me sad to not know when I became a writer but the website says Feb 1st, 06; so I can assume it was when I was 15. Unless further evidence shines through, Feb 1st is my first adventure as a writer.

ORIGINAL WEBSITE = wolfscry.50webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment