Thursday, May 7, 2009

May7th

Why doesn't anyone leave comments? There's a button down there so I can hear your thoughts. Put some comments on your favorite posts? What is your favorite post? Why? What? WHAT?! I can't hear you!

=================================================

So on May 7th (its May 8th and I'm in the future. Robot oppression is up 32%) Corey had no work and the night before we played Might and Magic Quest for the Dragonbone Staff until 3am. I then went upstairs and passed out.

But that's me getting off topic. I woke up at 10ish (I'm getting good at waking up without an alarm) and Corey and I went off to find PS3 and PSP prices. We went to Toys 'r' Us and found prices 1yen under standard price (omg the savings) and we some weirdo Dragon Warrior II arcade game. It was confusing and time consuming for a 100yen arcade game. Games should be pick up and play not spending years formulating the best strategy. But it spat out some Japanese playing card so I got that in my wallet.

Next was the JPN mall! After getting lost in the parking garage and finding a small room with 3 elevators, we made it up to Floor 2. This was evidently the clothes floor. Stores were not well defined like in America, I remember (it was that traumatic) stores blurring together with wide entrances.

Floor 3 . . .
Now I've never said anything about escalators in Japan but it essentially goes "Keep left if standing, right if walking up/down" and the up escalator goes next to the down escalator. So if you wanted to go up, you'd have to walk a half circle around the mall to get to the other up escalator. Floor 3 was weirdo stores (fertility shops and stuff) and also the food court. Did I mention I've seen no obese people...at all...ever?

Floor 4 . . .
Arcade (I learned that they call these Game Centers in Japan) and electronics. After Corey downed 1500 yen trying to win some rigged snoopy doll machine (and me losing 700yen on random games) we actually found the PS3s and PSPs. PSP was still expensive (so far the electronic store near the house is cheapest) and the PS3 had some 30,000yen deal (opposed to 40,000) but only if you bought it with internet. So if I ever need a PS3 and internet, I'm going to the mall. But we didn't need internet (Corey has blazin' speeds) and the PS3 was still just 40,000 yen. So we left. I also looked at notebooks and stickers for Andrew but apparently only girls use notebooks because there were no manly ones (or maybe I couldn't find the boy section).

Floor 1 . . .
This floor looked like Albertsons'. We picked up some flowers for Yukiko for Mother's Day and escaped into the parking garage...where we had no idea where we were...So after a bit of searching and looking around I spotted (or at least thought I spotted) the 3 elevator waiting room and from there we found the car.

Scooter Race!
It was a nice misty rain when we set out to pick up Marika from school. People gave us strange looks and sometimes jumped out of the way but it wasn't because we were forieners, it was because we were shooting down the sidewalk at 30mph on scooters. Oh man, it was the best fun I've had in forever, the embarressment of riding a child's scooter in public mixed with the exitement of possibly dying from sudden asphalt head trauma made this the best scooter ride ever.

I didn't even get mad when it turned out we went waaaaay off course. And I mean way off course. We had to backtrack and finally made it to Marika's school and then we were off to home. There Corey and I ate some corn chowder and played some Might n Magic. Eventually the game got too difficult and cheap, though, and we were forced to bail on it.

The rest of the day was pretty much normal. I stayed home and played with the kids before heading off to bed. Did you know they are making a Phantasy Star Portable (rippin' Monster Hunter off). I got the demo and the graphics and gameplay are bad and uninspiring, if you want Phantasy Star, go play it for free on your computer using SCHTHACK which is the best free PSO thing I've ever played.

Zebrahead - Anthem

"Feel like everybody else
just needs to see through different eyes

From the outside looking in
we shout the anthem of our lives


Come on and let me go
and just like everybody else
I feel the pain each time I try
But I'll fight the bitter end
to shout the anthem
the anthem of our lives

This is the Anthem
Out to all the misfits
If you feel you don't belong
If you don't give a $#!T
About authority
About majority
About conformity
Shout it out
Let us go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment